Welcome to this Legal.io web site (the “Site”). Legal.io knows that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly.
Acceptance of policy
What personal information about Participants does Legal.io gather?
The information we learn from Participants helps us personalize and continually improve your Legal.io experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We collect your name, postal address, email address, phone number, fax number, username, password, demographic information (such as your gender and occupation), information about your legal issues and other information you provide to us.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Legal.io or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of Legal.io or Legal.io Platform Operators or on other Web sites. Click here to see examples of the information we receive.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Legal.io if your computer supports such capabilities.
- Information We Get from Others: We may get information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What about Cookies?
- Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device or hard drive to enable our systems to recognize your device, to make your visit better, and to provide features including around authentication and security.
How we use personal information
We use your personal information as follows:
- We use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services.
- We use your personal information to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- We use your personal information to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- We use your personal information to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- We use your personal information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- We use your personal information to provide and deliver products and services customers request.
How we share personal information
We may share personal information as follows:
- We may share personal information with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal process.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us.
- We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
Control over your information
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request information about and updates to your personal information.
Our marketing emails tell you how to "opt-out." If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
Security of your personal information
We take steps to help protect personal information. No company can fully prevent security risks, however. Bad actors may defeat even the best safeguards.
Third Party Vendors
We welcome your comments or questions about this Policy. You may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mailing to 399 Webster Street, San Francisco, CA 94117.
Legal.io reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace the Policy at any time. If the alterations constitute a material change to the Policy, Legal.io will notify you by posting an announcement on the Site. What constitutes a material change will be determined at Legal.io's sole discretion. You shall be responsible for reviewing and becoming familiar with any such modifications. Using any service or viewing any content following notification of a material change to the Policy shall constitute your acceptance of the Policy as modified.